We use your data to provide and improve the Web Site and any of our services as well as for other purposes as described in this Policy. By using the Web Site or any other TOT product or service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Policy. Unless otherwise defined in this Policy, terms used in this Policy have the same meanings afforded to them in our Terms and Conditions.
Collection and Use of Information
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Web Site and services to you as well as for other purposes as described herein.
Personal Data and Non-Personal Information
While using our Web Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally-identifiable information may include but is not limited to first name and last name; address, state, province, ZIP/postal code, city; email address; phone and fax number; precise geographic location; credit card and other payment information; transaction and billing history; cookies and usage data.
Non-Personal Information means information that does not identify you and cannot be used to contact you personally and may include your date of birth, age, gender, postal code and non-precise geolocation information (e.g., your city) as well as information about your computer or device you use to access the Web Site.
We may also collect information how the Web Site is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Web Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Web Site.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Web Site.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Web Site.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
In additional to the information above, we may also collect other information from you, including but not limited to:
- Information you Provide to Us. If you choose to open an account with us, request support, or in any other way take steps that require the submission of information; we may collect information such as your name, email address, date of birth and gender.
- Discussion Forums and Chatrooms. If you choose to make use of any discussion forum, comment section or chat function, we may collect any information you may disclose through such means. Any information you disclose in a discussion forum or chat room becomes public information. If you post Personal Data online, in a chat room, or anywhere on the Site that is accessible to the public or to other users, you have made that information available to the public, and it is no longer private.
- Any other Information You Submit to Us. If you choose to submit your information to us for any other reason in any other form, we will collect such information and use it for the purposes for which you submitted it.
- Where Permitted by Law. We may also collect information, including Personal Data as otherwise permitted by law.
BY USING OR ACCESSING THE SITE, YOU AGREE, ACKNOWLEDGE AND CONSENT TO FOREGOING USES OF YOUR INFORMATION AND OTHER DATA AND INFORMATION. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE FOREGOING, YOU ARE PROHIBITED FROM USING OR ACCESSING THE SITE.
Use of Data
The Opportunistic Trader uses the collected data for various purposes including:
- To provide and maintain the Web Site;
- To provide and maintain your account(s);
- To notify you about changes to our Web Site;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Web Site when you choose to do so;
- To provide customer care and support;
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Web Site;
- To monitor the usage of the Web Site; and
- To detect, prevent and address any technical issues.
Additionally, we may sell, rent, share or otherwise disclose your name, physical address, electronic mail address, telephone, fax or mobile numbers, Usage Data and other Non-Personal Information including, without limitation, device IDs and other persistent identifiers to third parties who assist us with our operations such as administration, analytics, research, optimization, and with prospective advertisers in order to, among other things, allow them to serve more relevant advertisements tailored to you. TOT may do so for any purpose that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be appropriate.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it here.
Disclosure of Data
The Opportunistic Trader may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of The Opportunistic Trader
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Web Site
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Web Site or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Any information (Personal Data or otherwise) you disclose in a discussion forum or chat room on the Web Site becomes public information. If you post Personal Data online or anywhere on the Web Site that is accessible to the public or to other users, you have made that information available to the public, and it is no longer private. You should always exercise caution when deciding whether to post or disclose any of your Personal Data or any other information in any forum or chat room, including any public or private chat room or forum on the Web Site. Please note that Personal Data you have published on any discussion forum or chat room may remain publicly available even if you request that such information be internally deleted by TOT. We will not post your Personal Data in any public forums or chat rooms.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
While, as stated in the Terms and Conditions of The Opportunistic Trader, this Web Site is solely intended for use by individuals residing in the United States, data subject in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) should note that, by virtue of using the Web Site and the associated interactions that you may have with TOT and its products and services, such individuals will be providing TOT and its affiliates and delegates with certain personal information which constitutes personal data within the meaning of the European Union data protection regime introduced by the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679) from 25 May 2018 onwards. As GDPR has extraterritorial effect in its application, we note the following for the attention of data subjects in the EEA as an outline of the TOT’s data protection obligations and the data protection rights of the relevant users under the GDPR.
Users located in the EEA (or where GDPR is applicable) hereby acknowledge reading the entirety of the Policy as well as the following:
- that individuals will provide the TOT with certain personal information which constitutes personal data within the meaning of the GDPR;
- that TOT shall act as a data controller in respect of this personal data and the fact that affiliates and delegates of TOT may act as data processors;
- that you have a right to confirmation by TOT as to whether TOT is processing your personal data and, where that is the case, you have a right to access certain information including but not limited to: (i) the type and purpose of date being collected; (ii) purposes of the legitimate interests of the Company or a third party and such legitimate interests are not overridden by the individual's interests, fundamental rights or freedoms; and (iii) the recipients of such information;
- that you have a right to obtain from TOT the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you;
- that you have a right of erasure to obtain from TOT the erasure of your personal data based on any of the following: (i) your personal data is no longer necessary in connection with the purposes for which TOT collected it; (ii) you have withdrawn your previously given consent; (iii) there is no legitimate reason for TOT to continue processing your personal data; (iv) TOT has unlawfully processed your personal data or is required to erase such data by a jurisdiction to which TOT is subject. Such right of erasure will not apply where the processing of your personal data constitutes freedom of expression or information, complies with any legal obligation or is used by TOT to establish or defend any legal claims;
- that you have a right to object to TOT’s processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- that you have a right to receive from TOT a copy of the personal data you provided to TOT in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format; and
- That you have right to lodge a complaint with an EEA supervisory authority.
If any of the above apply to you, you should contact TOT used in the contact information below.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Web Site (“Service Providers”), to provide the Web Site on our behalf, to perform Web Site-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Web Site is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Web Site.
- Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Web Site. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links to Third Party Websites
Our Web Site does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). As part of the Terms and Conditions of this Web Site, you agree that you are at least 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
The Opportunistic Trader, LLC
7284 W Palmetto Park RD #303
Boca Raton, FL 33433